Milton Montessori Schools opened its doors for on-site learning on May 4! We want our families to be confident and informed of our procedures. We will have all the safety and preventive measures in place and will take all precautions needed per the CDC and Bright From the Start, putting the safety of the children, families, and staff as our first and top priority.
Please review the following guidelines that we will follow:
- Only school staff is allowed in the building. Children unloaded from cars during carpool by staff adhering to MMS enhanced health safety procedures.
- Upon arrival at MMS schools, every student’s temperature will be taken with an Infrared Touchless thermometer and recorded daily. All children and staff will use hand sanitizer before the child exits the car. Children will immediately wash hands upon entry into the classroom.
- No outside volunteers and visitors are allowed in the building while school is in session.
- Children and staff will be excluded from attending school for seven days after illness.
- Clean high touch areas every 30 minutes with a disinfectant such as bathrooms and sinks.
- Bathrooms are located in each classroom.
- All lunches are provided by the children and eaten in the classrooms.
- No backpacks/ book bags or water bottles will be allowed in the school. We will only use disposables at the moment.
- Increase handwashing in all classrooms throughout the day.
- When children have left for the day, all materials, shelves, tables, chairs, and common areas are fully disinfected with bleach water and disinfectant spray.
- School hours will be limited to 8:00-3:00
- All staff will be required to wear masks or fabric face coverings
- No more than 10 persons total can be in each classroom
- BFTS states ratio guidelines are still followed at all times.
- Tours are given 1:1, and by appointment only, with all tours required to wear masks and shown classrooms through the windows. No tour will step into any classrooms. All common areas will be disinfected after the tour has left. No walk-in tours will be allowed.