According to several reports, iPads and Tablets are valuable learning devices for children ages 3-7. Tablets are immediately responsive and their large touch screens are easy for toddlers to use as they develop their fine motor skills. They also help children with color recognition and language skills.
The Montessori method promotes independence and utilizing these apps will help your children learn on their own, while having fun. Here a few Montessori apps that we think your children will enjoy:
- Montessori Alphabet Maze: This app will improve your child’s fine motor skills that are necessary when learning to write. Your child will guide their finger through a maze to correctly identify the alphabet. This also helps them learn the alphabet through repetition and exposure.
- Montessori Numberland: This award-winning app allows your child to recognize the shape of each number and how to draw each number, while also teaching them to count objects in both English and other languages. This app is very multidimensional, and highly recommended.
- Montessori Matching Board: This fully customizable app allows your child to learn letters, shapes, and numbers. The graphics are easy enough for even an older infant to manipulate, while toddlers and young preschoolers will be able to confidently navigate the app, matching and learning in no time.
- Montessori Crossword: This app helps children develop and improve reading, writing, and spelling skills. This Montessori app teaches children that all words are made from sounds, and which phonic sounds are associated with each letter.
- Montessori Counting Board: This app will teach your children to count in ascending and descending order. It is great for children from infancy to 6 years old. This app is fully customizable and will adapt to your child’s needs, all while helping them learn how to count.
There are many other Montessori apps out there that can help your children learn and excel. Here at Milton Montessori, we feel it is important to implement the Montessori method at home as much as possible. Contact us today for more information on the Montessori method.